Health & Medical Writer
Company: APCO Worldwide
Posted on: November 14, 2019
APCO Worldwide is seeking an experienced health and medical writer
to join its growing health team. We are open to all North America
The medical writer works closely with cross-functional team members
to ensure that materials produced by the agency for the
pharmaceutical and life sciences industry and other scientific
organizations are of the highest quality in terms of accuracy,
utility, clarity, readability, and appeal. They will also be the
day-to-day client contact for medium to large-sized editorial
projects assigned to them or editorial lead on small accounts. Key
to this role will be the quality of the written materials developed
and the ability to work within deadlines and budgets.
About the Job
* Develop, copywrite, copyedit and/or fact-check a variety of
promotional and educational materials for patients, consumers,
physicians, policy makers, media and other healthcare
professionals, from manuscript through print and/or digital
* Make scientific writing clear and precise.
* Ensure that facts, data, and scientific units are correct and
have been used consistently; formatting text to comply with AMA
guidelines as well as brand style.
* Support account teams, when needed, in researching medical
references and article retrieval.
* Management and development of a range of editorial materials such
as publications, meeting materials, slide kits, sharable social
content and media resources also included researching, writing and
editing, with limited oversight.
* Keeping abreast of new developments within the health, life
sciences and medical/scientific community and passing on of
knowledge to the internal team and external clients, where
Key Candidate Requirements
* Life sciences degree, preferably a higher degree
* At least 4-7 years of experience
* Demonstrable competence in scientific and commercial writing with
the ability to adapt to different target audiences and styles
* Previous experience of working within the pharmaceutical/life
sciences industry in-house, at a medical communications agency,
medical or academic institution, media outlet, etc.
* Knowledge of publications planning and experience of writing
* A passion for medical/scientific topics and are eager to share
* Experience in a wide range of therapeutic and disease state
* Attention to detail and scientific accuracy
* Excellent time management and project organizational skills
APCO Worldwide is a global communication consultancy. We help the
most innovative organizations adapt and thrive in this fast-moving,
interconnected and complex world. We do this for all types of
organizations, in all industries and in all situations. We partner
with clients to guide them through a changing, complex global
environment, enabling them to reach their business and societal
goals. We bring our clients' work to life creatively and digitally
through diverse thinking and a campaign mentality that embraces a
variety of integrated tactics to achieve success. Our work impacts
bottom lines; creates and protects jobs; defines issues important
to society; improves workplaces and communities; gains visibility
for and gives voice to those who may not typically be heard; and
much more. Simply put, our work is impactful, meaningful, and
problem-solving or opportunity-creating. APCO is a majority
employee- and women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named "Public Affairs Agency of the Year" 2017 Best
Large Agency to Work For 2013-2014 and one of the Top Places to
Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment,
countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive
compensation and benefits package.
Keywords: APCO Worldwide, Dale City , Health & Medical Writer, Advertising , Washington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!