LPN / LVN - $28-39 per hour
Company: Mary Washington Healthcare
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Mary Washington Healthcare is seeking a LPN / LVN for a job in
Fredericksburg, Virginia.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: LPN / LVN
- Discipline: LPN / LVN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Staff
Start the day excited to make a difference---end the day knowing
you did. --Come join our team.Job Summary: This position is
responsible for LPN nursing services in a physician office practice
to control patient flow for physician, obtain and document patient
vitals, perform EKG strips, and other nursing duties as
assigned.Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides general nursing care to patients to include obtaining
and documenting patient vitals (height, weight, BP).
- Rooms patients. Facilitates patient flow throughout the
- Assists Physician, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner
with examinations, diagnostic procedures and treatments.
- Obtains patient history, chief complaint and vitals and
documents in medical record.
- Ensures adequate materials and supplies are available at all
- Provides patient and family education as appropriate.
- Responds to and provides guidance for return calls to patients
for patient treatment related phone inquiries.
- Ensures patient appointments are assigned according to risk and
- Maintains/reviews patient charts, records and other pertinent
documents and reports.
- Establishes and maintains high standard for customer
satisfaction and customer service.
- Schedules patient appointments for office visits.
- Assists patients with scheduling of procedures, tests, and
radiological exams. Obtains authorization for procedures and
studies as required.
- Schedules patient surgeries.
- Ensures necessary films are available for surgeries and
- Learns front office functions, providing backup support and
coverage as required.
- Fills out disability forms for MD/PA to review and sign.
- Works with third party payors to obtain
authorization/pre-certification for surgeries, diagnostic testing,
and other procedures ordered by physician.
- Rotates/provides coverage for clinical staffing needs in
various Mary Washington Medical Group practices
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Valid LPN License from Virginia required.--
- AHA BLS Provider--CPR required at hire--
- Experience working in a Physician Office preferred
- Previous experience with practice specialty preferred
- Must have knowledge of policies and procedures related to
infection control, environmental safety and patient
confidentiality.As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not
discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, and veteran or disability status.Mary Washington
Healthcare Job ID #R-13472. Posted job title: Licensed Practical
Nurse, LPN, FT, RheumatologyAbout Mary Washington HealthcareJoin
Mary Washington Healthcare, one of Virginia's fastest-growing
healthcare systems and the region's premier healthcare provider.
Our nursing jobs, allied health, and physician jobs--promote growth
through career advancement and support in an environment designed
for success.MWHC offers all the benefits of a big city healthcare
system in the beautiful setting of the Virginia countryside, with
easy access to Washington, DC and Richmond. Our regional medical
system includes two state-of-the-art hospitals - Mary Washington
Hospital, a Magnet-designated, Level II Trauma Center and Stafford
Hospital.--Our Centers of Excellence include Regional Cancer
Center, Virginia Heart & Vascular Institute, Human Motion
Institute, Women's Health Institute and The Neurosciences Center.
- 403b retirement plan
- Sick pay
- Employee assistance programs
- Holiday Pay
- Pet insurance
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Mary Washington Healthcare, Dale City , LPN / LVN - $28-39 per hour, Healthcare , Fredericksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!