Respiratory Therapist - $31-44 per hour
Company: Mary Washington Healthcare
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Mary Washington Healthcare is seeking a Respiratory Therapist
for a job in Fredericksburg, Virginia.Job Description &
- Specialty: Respiratory Therapist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Staff
Start the day excited to make a difference---end the day knowing
you did. --Come join our team.Job Summary:The Registered
Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is an advanced level respiratory care
practitioner with assessment and therapeutic skills who can provide
care to multiple patient populations. The RRT will provide quality
care, develop and ensure patient plan of care collaboration with
the multidisciplinary team including; physicians, registered
nurses, and speech, occupational, and physical therapists. The RRT
is a professional member of the team and who can implement
respiratory therapy independently.Essential Functions &
- Provides competent and compassionate patient and family
centered care based on respiratory processes and interdisciplinary
- Administers and assess responses to respiratory therapeutic
interventions with high proficiency and minimal to no supervision.
(e.g. aerosol therapy, oxygen therapy, bronchodilator therapy,
- Evaluates effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan by
observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommends
adjustments and modifications.
- Establishes and manages mechanical ventilation.
- Measures ventilator volumes, pressures and blood gas
- Routinely develops or refines the ventilator care plan and
communicates with the patient care team based on evidence and best
- Communicates and coordinates the plan of care and other
pertinent information to/from healthcare team members consistent
with MWHC standards.
- Maintains and ensures operation of equipment by setting up,
cleaning, sterilizing, completing preventive maintenance
requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for
- Provides education and training to patients and family
- Ensures the safety of patients and Associates by adhering to
hospital and departmental policies and protocols.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; and participating in professional
- Annually completes at least 12 Continuing Education
- May participate in CARE Clinical Ladder for advanced level
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner in good standing within
the Commonwealth of Virginia required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist certification required within
one year of hire or placement.
- Graduate of Respiratory Care program accredited by the
Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care preferred.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in respiratory therapy
- NICU experience preferred.
- ACLS, NRP healthcare provider for NICU team, STABLE for NICU
Transport, required within 90 days of hire date.
- Basic and advanced life support certification as appropriate
for core group work area is required.As an EOE/AA employer, the
organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due
to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability
status.Mary Washington Healthcare Job ID #R-10058. Posted job
title: Respiratory TherapistAbout Mary Washington HealthcareJoin
Mary Washington Healthcare, one of Virginia's fastest-growing
healthcare systems and the region's premier healthcare provider.
Our nursing jobs, allied health, and physician jobs--promote growth
through career advancement and support in an environment designed
for success.MWHC offers all the benefits of a big city healthcare
system in the beautiful setting of the Virginia countryside, with
easy access to Washington, DC and Richmond. Our regional medical
system includes two state-of-the-art hospitals - Mary Washington
Hospital, a Magnet-designated, Level II Trauma Center and Stafford
Hospital.--Our Centers of Excellence include Regional Cancer
Center, Virginia Heart & Vascular Institute, Human Motion
Institute, Women's Health Institute and The Neurosciences Center.
- 403b retirement plan
- Sick pay
- Employee assistance programs
- Holiday Pay
- Pet insurance
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Mary Washington Healthcare, Dale City , Respiratory Therapist - $31-44 per hour, Healthcare , Fredericksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!