Master Social Worker
Posted on: November 20, 2023
About this role:As a Social Worker with Fresenius Medical Care,
you will provide psychosocial services for our dialysis clinic
patients. - You will work with the health care team to promote
positive adjustment, rehabilitation, and improved quality of life
for our patients. As well as support the clinic staff in
understanding the emotional, psychological, and behavioral impact
of chronic kidney disease on the patient and family. How you grow
or advance in your career: We believe in encouraging our employees
to achieve their full potential by offering opportunities for
advancement. - We have a social work specific career ladder ranging
from pre-licensed (in states where permitted), to three potential
levels of facility social work, as well as a leadership path from
Social Worker to Manager, Senior Manager and Senior Director. -Our
culture: We believe our employees are our most important asset - we
value, care about, and support our people. We are there when you
may need us most, from tuition reimbursement to support your
education goals, granting scholarships to family members,
delivering relief when natural disasters strike, or providing
financial support when personal hardship hits, we take care of our
people.Our focus on diversity: We have built a nurturing
environment that welcomes every age, race, gender, sexual
orientation, background, and cultural tradition. We have a diverse
range of employee resource groups (ERGs) to encourage employees
with similar interests, goals, social and cultural backgrounds, or
experiences to come together for professional and personal
development, discussion, activities, and peer support. Our diverse
workforce and culture encourage opportunity, equity, and inclusion
for all, which is a tremendous asset that sets us apart.At
Fresenius Medical Care, you will truly make a difference in the
lives of people living with kidney disease. If this sounds like the
career and company you have been looking for, and you want to be a
vital part of the future of healthcare, apply today.PRINCIPAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:As a member of the nephrology health
care team, you will assess the patients' psychosocial status,
strengths and areas of need that may affect rehabilitation and
optimal treatment outcomes as part of the comprehensive patient
- Collaborates with the patient and health care team to identify
effective interventions that will help the patient meet
rehabilitation, treatment goals, and improve quality of life.
- Utilizes patient education programs, established social work
theory and methods, social work focused interventions, and quality
of life measurement instruments as part of the assessment and care
planning to address barriers and meet patient treatment goals.
- Provides monitoring and interventions for the patient to adjust
to dialysis and achieve optimal psychosocial status and quality of
- Assesses patient knowledge of kidney disease for barriers that
may affect adherence to treatment.
- Provides supportive counseling services to patients as
permitted within the scope of their clinical training and state
- Provides information and assists the team and patient with
referrals to community resources (home health services, vocational
rehabilitation, etc.) to facilitate optimal treatment
- Maintains current knowledge regarding local
vocational/educational rehabilitation programs and assist patients
with referral and access to vocational rehabilitation to enable
them to remain employed, become employed or receive education.
- Assesses patient awareness of advance directives; assists with
accessing advance directive forms/information and facilitates
discussion of advance directive wishes, if necessary, with the
healthcare team and the patient's family/support persons.
- Participates in the discussion of patient DNR status in the
facility to ensure patient and/or family understand and make an
informed decision about their care.
- Reports on quality indicators related to adherence, such as
missed and shortened treatments, quality of life trends, and
- Works with patient, family and health care team to provide
education tailored to the patient's learning style, communication
barriers, and needs.
- Provides educational and goal directed counseling to patients
who are seeking transplant.
- Facilitates the transplant referral process and collaborates
with interdisciplinary team on transplant waitlist management.
- Provides ongoing education to patient/family regarding
psychosocial issues related to end stage renal disease (ESRD) and
all support services that are available.
- Reviews patient rights and responsibilities, grievance
information (company and network) and other facilities policies
with patient and/or the patients' representative to ensure
patients' understanding of the rights and expectations of
- Provide training to clinic staff pertaining to psychosocial
topics as needed.EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Masters in Social Work
- Must have state required licenseEXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 0 - 2 years' related experiencePHYSICAL DEMANDS -AND -WORKING
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Travel required (if multiple facilities or home visits, if
IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Dale City , Master Social Worker, Healthcare , Fredericksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!