Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description Leidos is looking for cleared full-time
Instructional Technologists to work at Leidos site and customer
sites to support a variety of dynamic training programs. The
instructional technologist will work as part of a team with other
designers, instructors, subject matter experts, and multimedia and
video developers on any given project to create and deliver
effective and engaging instructor-led, online, and blended learning
across multiple platforms and delivery methods. The successful
candidate will provide a full-range of design services including
needs analysis, content design and creation, instructor
observations, evaluation of content and courses, instructional
consultations, development of synchronous and asynchronous training
interventions, consultation to instructional program and strategy
designs, etc. Instructional technologists are often requested to
assist with evaluating learning tools and delivery platforms or
facilitating meetings, activities, or instruction. Successful
candidates are self-starters who are able to effectively
communicate with customers an all levels in a professional and
positive style, track and manage project tasks, and are highly
collaborative. This position requires a candidate with a current
TS/SCI with polygraph clearance.Primary Responsibilities
- Conduct consultations with instructors and course directors to
determine instructional requirements, needs, and solutions and
assist with course/content approval process.
- Manage training design and development projects including
collaborating with technical designers to develop products in
support of the training, reporting on progress, and using a
database to track projects.
- Analyzing training requirement and designing and developing
effective and engaging learning interventions.
- Document, update, and maintain course lesson plans.
- Develop and update online training content including WBTs, job
aids, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Conduct training, when required, on instruction techniques,
facilitate small-groups, and lead discussion sessions in classes in
support of course instructors.
- Act as a role-player during training courses.
- Facilitate small group discussions.
- Design, administer, and analyze the results of training-related
surveys and assessments.Basic QualificationsBachelor's Degree or
higher preferably in adult learning, education , or online
learning, or equivalent with at least twelve (12) years (10-13 with
Master's Degree) of experience in the following:
- Demonstrated experience working with subject matter experts to
analyze and determine learning requirements, design solutions,
develop engaging content, and implement and evaluate a variety of
- Experience with the ADDIE model of instructions design, or the
equivalent, as well as experience and familiarity with a broad
range of adult learning theories and models for evaluation of adult
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge developing online
training and learning tools and the knowledge to be able to
successfully differentiate the needs of online training from
- Experience using tools to create online learning products,
e.g., Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, Lectora, etc. or Adobe
products, HTML, or other programming languages; as well as an
understanding and experience designing and developing ADA-compliant
- Ability to develop strategies for a variety of learning types
and their delivery on a variety of platforms.
- Experience developing learning content for online
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully individually, within
a team, and across multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to
provide proactive customer service support.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate projects, determine how to
effectively move them through to completion, and then to
successfully complete those projects.
- Communication skills in multiple formats to explain
instructional options, recommendations, and rationale to decision
makers and subject matter experts.
- Ability to determine learning needs, propose design solutions,
collaborate with stakeholders, and provide excellent customer
- Demonstrated experience/ability to collect, analyze, and report
on courses and their impact on learning to inform design decisions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively convey learning and
training requirement through a variety of platforms.
- Familiarity with handling intellectual property and copyright
- Master's degree in adult learning, education, or online
learning, or equivalent.
- Program evaluation experience including qualitative and
quantitative analysis and data tracking.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, track, and manage a project.
- Experience using and/or managing learning management systems
(LMS) in support of organizational learning and training
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, and course facilitation and
- Experience delivering high-quality classroom instruction that
effectively conveys the skills and expertise outlined in the course
objectives to students.
- Additional relevant certifications, e.g., instructor,
facilitator, MBTI, etc.
- Programming experience in HTML, Python, or other languages in
support of developing training content.
- Experience creating content in multimedia software tools like
Adobe Creative Suites. Pay Range: Pay Range $94,250.00 -
$170,375.00 The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Dale City , Instructional Technologist, Other , Manassas, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!